Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Pulse at Kings Inn?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk

PostPosted: Jan Tue 13, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: hmmm. Reply with quote

Gotta think about this, Davey boy.
Great resemblance but the sexy eyes are gone from the original.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Tue 13, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: No problemo! Reply with quote

Rose coloured glasses de-tinted and nice hat added. Whadaya think?

Shooty

PostPosted: Jan Fri 23, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update from DowntownMakeover.com:

I previously reported that the Kings Inn was to become an affordable housing project. They recently went before the City Council and were earmarked affordable housing funds. However, the project has now morphed into market-rate housing, though I'm unsure if that entails condos or apartments. They chose not to apply for the affordable housing grant. A demo permit has been pulled to begin gutting the place down to the skeleton. Unlike the previously proposed Denovo project, this will remain the same height. This is exciting! This has been a long time coming, and I can't wait to see the plans.
JD

PostPosted: Feb Thu 12, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: From RGJ 12 Feb 2015 Reply with quote

Developers begin remodeling Kings Inn to bring life to Reno
Marcella Corona, RGJ 6:10 a.m. PST February 12, 2015

The Kings Inn has stood empty for nearly three decades in downtown Reno and has become the city's biggest eyesore

Chi Chi Bengochea talks about the ongoing renovation project.

"I think we have enough apartments around, you know?" he said. "I think that if they were low-rent apartments, which is never going to happen, then that would be all right."

Meanwhile, James Lawson, who lives nearby, said he was excited to see more apartments in the area.

"I used to come in here 40 years ago," Lawson said of Kings Inn. "I've been seeing sit here for a long time, but they're building a lot here and that's bringing life back to Reno.

"I'll be glad to see more apartments near the river because it will take people away from the hotels," he said. "All these empty buildings downtown are just rotting away, so why not do something with them?"

Kings Inn's new facelift is an indication of Reno's efforts to revitalize its downtown area, city manager Andrew Clinger said.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2015/02/11/developers-begin-remodeling-kings-inn-bring-life-reno/23266853/
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Fri 20, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everyone, and thanks BC Dave for the photo...I've never seen the place in an alive state - that's a classic for sure!

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: