Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COVID-19 related cancellation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Fri 20, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: COVID-19 related cancellation Reply with quote

To nobody's surprise (well, except for the folks that didn't pay attention that I had a trip planned), the USBC has delayed the start of this year's national bowling tournament to the end of May.

Which means my May 3 bowling date has been kicked back to... sometime around August 15. However, with three major states in STAY HOME, DAMMIT! mode, I am not convinced that this year's tournament will actually occur.

If it does, I can't wait to spend most of my time on Lake Tahoe. Most of my bowling trips are during dicey weather (including the time in 2010 where I nearly died driving back in a snowstorm in late-May). Two years ago my wife and I visited in mid-June, but still a few days before "tourist season".

But if we do make it to mid-August, I'll be on the lake almost whenever not bowling... canoeing, sitting on the beach, hiking... the whole Magilla.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Fri 20, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Out on the lake sounds so good right now Reply with quote

Hope your plans come to fruition. Warm, carefree evenings out on Lake Tahoe sound particularly nice right now.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Sun 22, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! Not a suprise though. I was hoping to get to reno mid may. Not sure that will happen now.

I am fortunate to live out in woods on a lake.. so glad i am away from the craziness. Still going to work though. My commute has been great on a positive note.

So does photo bucket not work anymore?? wth
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Mon 23, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed for August 16 & 17... virus abatement permitting...
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Photobucket Reply with quote

Hi Alison. Photobucket went thru a shake up a few years ago. Everybody was using their service for free image hosting (including me) and they suddenly decided they didn't want to allow that anymore. So they started suspending accounts one by one and demanding a few hundred bucks to un-suspend them. Looks like you can get a basic Photobucket account now for $5 a month, but I'd rather play video poker or slots with that $60 a year! So I closed my account with them and started browsing for a replacement image hosting site. I settled on Postimage.org. They're free and seem to work pretty good. I think Mr. James uses another service. Maybe he can chime in with some info on that.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I forgot how to post photos, but I used Flickr for most of my recent trip reports. Free and relatively simple to use.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Apr Fri 17, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, new re-schedulement.

We are now scheduled to bowl September 26 and 27.

I've never been in Reno in the fall... should be interesting.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Jul Wed 15, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit. The USBC Open Championships have been cancelled for 2020.

I will be back in Reno in 2022 to watch the missus for the Women's Championsips. I won't get to bowl at the National Bowling Stadium again until 2024.
Keyhood

PostPosted: Jan Sun 24, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you'll miss the place. I've not been back in quite a while.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Tue 23, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: It's not you, Reno. It's me. I promise. Reply with quote

mjames1229 wrote:
Dammit. The USBC Open Championships have been cancelled for 2020.

I will be back in Reno in 2022 to watch the missus for the Women's Championships. I won't get to bowl at the National Bowling Stadium again until 2024.

Well, this is getting old.

Over the winter, the bowling congress "traded" years with Chicago for the women's national bowling tournament. It has been moved to Reno for 2021 and Chicago gets it in 2022.

However, my wife is having medical problems (she is 0-12 in COVID tests, so its not that) and she gave up her spot for this summer's tournament. She is hoping to be ready to go for next year in Chicago.

Unfortunately, that means I am three more years before I get back to Reno. Sigh.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: