Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my bride's birthday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterd51

PostPosted: Aug Fri 11, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday to your bride Reply with quote

9999 views to your brides birthday that is quite a recogination to her and you. I noticed our Toyota which my bride and I bought new has 99999 miles so I am going to click on this and be the 10000 post and let my bride drive our car to tune over to 100000 miles, to bad it won't happen driving to Reno.

Best of luck to all

misterd51
jerry

PostPosted: Aug Thu 17, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: d51 Reply with quote

Wow, my bride is getting more attention than usual. Very Happy

D51, I like the numbers. Our toyota, now touring us thru No Cal has over 220.000 miles. Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

I can'at believe 10,000 reads and 100 posts. soon you guys (and gals) will be striving to start page 9. Alas, I can only briefly use borrowed Library computers. good to catch up tho. Looks like the board is a bit dead. I may go thru Reno very briefly soon on way to LV. Actually just stop long enough (very late at night) to sleep, then make early start to LV.

Weather is great (read that cool) in No Cal. Only low 60s each day. Great for ball games. I tried out for new team last week. Had 4 home runs and a triple with 11 rbi's in one game. they signed me up for rest of this year and next year. But, at my advanced age, who knows what next year will bring.

Miss you guyys and the board. Keep in touch and keep posting.

Our last trip we had great meals at Oceano and the Steak House at the Pep; also Lexies on the River at Siena; also the Oyster Bar at Atlantis. All recommended. The coffee shop at Pep less so. Really pricey. Breakfasts are mostly over 19 bucks. Give us a break.

Later, friends.
alison

PostPosted: Aug Thu 17, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
Yes for two people i can see a breakfast being over $19.00. that's pretty typical anywhere though. The only thing i dont like about the Pep's breakfast, is you never know how your hasbrowns will be when you get them. SOmetimes they are way over done, and others they are great.

I did try the breakfast buffet at the Pep this last trip. It actually was pretty decent. They had made to order omlets which was nice. I would try that next time.

How was your stay there? Win any cash?

Ali
kevin

PostPosted: Aug Thu 17, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry,
When are you going to vegas. Errin and i are flying out of reno on the 7th of sept for 3 nights. We are going to skip the rib cookcoff this year.

kevin
jerry

PostPosted: Aug Tue 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a calendarhere on borrowed library computer. But I think we leave the Sunset Station on morning of Sep 7, then one night in Reno. Whatever, we have to drive to Grants Pass/Medford on Friday. I think that's the 8th (after one short night in Reno to rest from drive north).
When are you in Reno? We only will sleep there-basically- enroute each way. This is NOT a Reno trip-it's a Vegas/Laughlin trip.
Good to hear from you.

Re the mileages above: I just parked my motor home at KMart and looked at speedo. It is at 29,997.7. so it is also ready to turn over to another new millenium.
Softabll in two hours. Last weekend, we won another championship with yours truly starting the winning rally in last inning with a clutch bas hit. Go, old timers.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Tue 22, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Just missed you! Reply with quote

Hi Jerry
I'm coming to Reno a couple days after you with my pals from up here in B.C. It would be just great of you to buy me a beer at Shooters and write my name on it and leave it (unopened) in the cooler. Come to think of it, John will probably join me there so you'd better make it two (just to be on the safe side.) Thanks Jerry, you're the best! BC Dave

Last edited by BC Dave on Aug Fri 25, 2006 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
alison

PostPosted: Aug Wed 23, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't beleive this post is till going.......
kevin

PostPosted: Aug Thu 24, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
Errin and i are heading to reno on the 6th, we fly out to vegas the next day, watch you self in laughlin, we lost our butts at the riverside last labor day. Take care and maybe we can meet up when you and your much younger wife are in medford.
kevin
jerry

PostPosted: Sep Tue 12, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: board deadness Reply with quote

gee, folks, I take a little trip and the board nearly dies.
Even this thread has no posts.

We made it to LV, Laughlin, Henderson, and Reno. But Reno only for sleeping briefly. Next week we head north for WA state and the coast for a (hopefully) LOOOOONNNG trip.

As to Reno:
Siena offers continue to dry up. Even the staff there don't like the changes. they have downgraded the clientele. They want the locals to lose their pennies, etc. Staff still great thoough.

Sands will be Terrriblles. I stopped in one and the only rest room was close forever. I saw noghting redeemable at Terribles.
But, the Sands rewarded for 3 hours of slot play at the Tequila Bar.
I got sloshed for one thing.
But, I had four 4OAKs and a straight flush and came out ahead. Two very nice ladies hit on me but, of course, I politely declined.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Wed 13, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG - He lives. Welcome back, Jerry. Don't ever leave us again, but on the other hand, have a great trip.
hawk

PostPosted: Oct Thu 05, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WA is great this time of year. Every day is sunny and 60s ON THE OCEAN. Wow, I may never return.
jerry

PostPosted: Oct Fri 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: round numbers Reply with quote

misterd: you have a chance to be the 19,000th reader of this string.
Only 115 responses though.
Come on folks, let's see if we can keep this going until my bride has her next birthday.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Sun 08, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: I'll do my bit to help out! Reply with quote

Hi Jerry and Wife!

Hope this contribution to the record long thread finds you both well. Jerry do you want to get in on a flashy animated avatar? I could make one of you shaking your head in disgust when you realize that today's mail contained no free room offers.

BC Dave
TraceyinCa

PostPosted: Oct Tue 10, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this post goes on any longer .. its going to be her birthday again
misterd51

PostPosted: Oct Thu 19, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry I missed the 19000th and 20000th read but glad to see the thread still going. The wife and I bought some Suzuki 4 wheel ATV's and have been playing on them so haven't been to Reno or on this site much, but we will be back.
Best of luck to all, even you JOHN.
Hey my future bet on the White Sox went down, but if the Mets win to night they will come through for my N.L. pick.

misterd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: