Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just a couple of questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TraceyinCa

PostPosted: Jul Fri 04, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: just a couple of questions Reply with quote

just wanted to know if the new buffet at the Eldorado and Saucy Smokehouse are open. We are coming up for a few days next week and would like to try something new. We usually go to Tony Roma's at Sands but they closed that down last year and the wife wants some good ribs
If Saucy Smokehouse isn't open then how about Gecko's at Circus Circus
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Fri 04, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: read my lips Reply with quote

OK, Tracy, I just addressed both these last week in my TR.
But again briefly: Neither was open then. Couldn't tell about Eldo but the Pep looked a long way off, even tho they hoped to make it for the 4th. Locals will know more.

I never liked Tony Roma's. Glad it's gone.

I have tried the places at Circus and think they are BAD. Kinda along the lines of their buffet which is overpriced when it is FREE.
Their steakhouse gets good reports but I haven't been there. Otherwise I would never eat ANYTHING at Circus.

I heard last year that Sticky Fingers had good Q. Never tried it myself.
I have tried the Siena BBQ and it usually disappoints.

Best I can do for you. Good luck.
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Fri 04, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: HOT OFF THE PRESS Reply with quote

ok, Tracy, I guess you owe me for TWO answers now.
I just called the Pep and the BBQ is not yet open but they are expectant for later in month. I asked about the 20-something and they said hopefully.

So, I would say (based on that) to forget about it for next week.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 04, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Good Ribs Reply with quote

Tracey;
I'm no connoisseur de la ribs. But the ones they give away at the Fireside lounge on Tuesdays, during Happy Hour are real tasty (kinda messy/gucky though). Did I mention the imported beers are $1.50 during Tuesday's happy hour too.
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Fri 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: STOP "RIBBING" ME Reply with quote

BCD, I gotta respond. I am not a rib fan either. But if those ribs at the Fireside are good ribs, well: it's no wonder I don't like ribs. Smile

But, I'll add a thumbs up for the brewskis. I wish I was there right now and it isn't even Tuesday.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Sat 05, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Tickle my ribs Reply with quote

It isn't Tuesday? No wonder my hours aren't happy.
Bob972

PostPosted: Jul Sat 05, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week when I was at the Eldorado buffet they said the renovation should be done in two more weeks, so that would put it at about mid July.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Sat 05, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Rib woes Reply with quote

See? Hawkeye thinks they're good too, he just doesn't like them. John usually passes on his 'cause he needs a shower after they roll down his shirt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: