Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Reno restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegambler

PostPosted: Jun Mon 07, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Best Reno restaurants Reply with quote

My wife and I used to visit Reno about 10x/year before our son was born about 2.5 years ago. We are going to make our triumphant (?) return, perhaps later this week, for a quick overnight trip. (The in-laws will be watching our son.) We're used to hitting the buffets and coffee shop (although not Eldorado's since they remodelled), but I'd like to go to a restaurant that we will both enjoy. Does anyone have any experience with the following restaurants? Which would you recommend?

*Roxie's
*Harrah's Steakhouse
*Charlie Palmer Steakhouse
*anything else?

We have been to La Famiglia and enjoyed that very much.

Thanks!
thegambler

PostPosted: Jun Tue 08, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone eat in Reno....is it just the hot dog + beer for $.99 at the Cal Neva??? Smile
remano

PostPosted: Jun Wed 09, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegambler wrote:
Does anyone eat in Reno....is it just the hot dog + beer for $.99 at the Cal Neva??? Smile

The $.99 beer & dog have been absent from the Cal Neva for years as the price keeps creeping up. It's now up to $3.75, which IMHO is too much for what you get. I have had the $4.99 steak & eggs special at the Top Deck coffee shop, which was passable for the price.

If you want "fine" dining, consider LuLou's on S. Virginia about half way between downtown and the Peppermill or 4th Street Bistro on 4th Street (surprise!) maybe 3 miles or so west of downtown. I'm sure both have web sites for more information. Reservations are recommended at both.

There are a couple favorable comments for Ruby River Steakhouse near the Peppermill in other threads on this board. I don't have any personal experience there, but I have consistently heard good things from others I know.

Good luck on your trip.
PrincessaMyron

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: The Ruby River Reply with quote

We ate at the Ruby River at the beginning of the month and I found it about on-par with a mid-level steakhouse, such as The Outback.

Party of 4 and I had the small filet mignon, and it was cooked perfectly! Came with a salad (good) and a baked potato (which I think was fried or something first....something different about it, I just can't remember) or your choice of 2 sides, I think.

We had a bottle of wine and the bill for 4 people was about $160 including tip - great service, very quick meal delivery and overall pretty good time!

Hope this helps!
lauren
hawk

PostPosted: Jun Sun 13, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: The drums are drumming. Reply with quote

My favorite restaurant in reno is the happy hour bar food at atlantis which runs five bucks and that comes out of comps. Now you have heard from a true Reno "high-roller". Actually I put virtually no emphasis on food while there and don't like to take the time to eat regular meals.
I know this makes me different as most people place a very high priority on meal times. But, then, it never has bothered me much to "march to a different drummer" in whatever I choose to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: