Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I saw some celebrities
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Tue 22, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: I saw some celebrities Reply with quote

Saturday night we stopped in to have dinner at the Oceano in the Peppermill. As I sat down I noticed two people wearing their Trace Adkins credentials. I then noticed a group of six women having dinner, and one of the gals looked very familiar....... it then clicked, that was Tonya Harding. Yes- Olympic skater, now TruTV commentator.

Well, the two concert people left, but about 5 minutes later here she comes with Trace Adkins to talk to Tonya. This was about 2 hours before the concert.

OK- No one is impressed, but I thought it was kind of cool Cool
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Wed 23, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Everybody's OK Reply with quote

I didn't know who Trace Adkins was until I googled him. But I'm impressed you were able to leave without what's-her-name busting your legs.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Wed 23, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave for your concern about my legs..... they are just fine. Also I checked and she was not carrying any hubcaps.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/sports/tonya-harding
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Thu 24, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Tonya Town Reply with quote

Celebrities always look so different in 3-D, and there's a long list of people I'd never recognize, such as those from sports and soaps - I once saw Peter Jennings up close, and got his autograph - which has unfortunately faded beyond meaningful recognition.

But Tonya Harding! What a scoop. I wonder what table games she plays, or what her favorite slots are??

She ought to get her own machine, of course - for the bonus round, a cartoonish boot on a lever comes out of the machine, and kicks you in the shins.
JD

PostPosted: Mar Thu 24, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Celebs? Reply with quote

Maybe Tonya is considered a "celebrity" in Reno.

But at the trailer park just outside of Portland, they call her, "neighbor".

As of Feb 20th or so, she's a brand new Mother of a baby boy...at age 40.

"Tonya Harding has been called plenty of things but seldom anything this nice: mom. "

"The former champion figure skater, boxer and actress reportedly gave birth to a baby boy Saturday in a Southwest Washington hospital, said her friend, Don Horn. "

"Harding, 40, could not be reached for comment. Last summer she married 42-year-old Joseph Jens Price of Yacolt, Wash. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/02/its_a_baby_boy_for_tonya_hardi.html
remano

PostPosted: Mar Thu 24, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I wonder what table games she plays..."

I don't know, but if I found myself sitting next to her at a blackjack table I sure wouldn't say "I'll take a hit."
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 24, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: It gets worse Reply with quote

Well, it's better than sitting next to Lorena Bobbitt and saying, "It's your turn to cut".
Dave

PostPosted: Mar Thu 24, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK John now that was Funny! I laughed out loud on that.
Nice and Ouch!

Very Happy
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Fri 25, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Genius! Reply with quote

Pure genius John. I feel sorry for all non Visitreno board readers.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Fri 25, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Now the thread won't unravel further (hopefully) Reply with quote

I give a hearty STAN-ding ovation to that one, John.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Sun 27, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Stan's weight loss clinic. Reply with quote

Well, John, if I were standing next to Lorena when you made that offer, I might be inclined to gleefully offer: "here, honey, let me do that for you."

I always carry nail-clippers for emergencies.
ErininSD

PostPosted: Apr Fri 08, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago I literally almost ran into Drew Brees coming out of the Apple store here in Carlsbad.

He was bent down playing with his son. I recognized the birthmark and then he looked up at me, his wife called him Drew and it all clicked.

I didn't know what to do, so I just kept walking to my car, which he was right in front of.

I actually have a pic on my phone w/me, him and my friend taken about 5 years ago. I thought about showing him the pic, but then thought better of it and just let him be. He was having fun with his kid.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Apr Fri 08, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErininSD wrote:
but then thought better of it and just let him be. He was having fun with his kid.

True story that is barely related to yours.

In February 2005, I was at the National bowling tournament held in Baton Rouge, LA... specifically we were bowling the next day and we were at the stadium watching the Opening Ceremonies.

After the Opening Ceremonies, my wife and I were walking through the concourse and saw bowling legend Dick Weber. I had met him a couple of times prior (though certain he wouldn't remember me) but he had a reputation for shaking any hand and signing any autograph.

My wife had said that she wanted an autograph, so we went up to him. He shook both of our hands, but then his granddaughter ran up and into his arms. We thanked him for meeting us, but didn't get an autograph because his granddaughter was there. That was his time with her.

The next night, Dick Weber died in his sleep.

To this day, I remind my wife that she killed him (couldn't have been me, I had met him prior).
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Meat Loaf Reply with quote

Last September, Meat Loaf was playing in downtown Reno, but I couldn't catch the show. Next day I was in the Silver Legacy and was amazed to notice that sitting two seats from me was my friend Ima Lyre, so we went to the coffee shop and both ordered meatloaf. It was great, but I couldn't get the meatloaf to sign my autograph book. I'm sure I saw Elvis that same day.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: siblings Reply with quote

Your friend's sister, URA LYRE, is with me as we speak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: