Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Club Primadonna Reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Club Primadonna Reno Reply with quote

I was digging through some old stuff and found a small envelope with 6 nickels inside. Here is what the envelope says:
Compliments of Club Primadonna Reno Here is to LUCK!

This Pack O'Nickels was packaged especially for you....because anyone who enjoys life---every golden minute of it-- anyone who thrills to the excitement of taking a gambling chance--should have a "stake."

Club Primadonna offers you a FREE Pack O'Nickels to try for your first JACKPOT. GOOD LUCK!

~~~~~~~~
The newest nickel inside has the date of 1962, so I guess it must be from that time period? If it is from the 60's, I guess my parents gave this to me, as they would not give this to a little kid.

When did this place close?
alison

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this if you want to check it out.

oldreno.net/primadonna.htm
mjames1229

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first freeplay!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: What inflation does Reply with quote

Six 1962 (and older) nickels! Too bad you didn't open it back then. You could have bought a corvair.
Crapsjunkie

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: OMG! Reply with quote

The Primadonna! The first place in my life I ever saw a Topless Dancer! Had to be somewhere around 62 - 66 and I still remember the lucky Navy Dude the girls dragged up on stage to dance with them! LOL

The Primadonna had somekind of Show Room Upstairs as I remember and I could tell you some really awful stories about that place. But I will save you the ugly details.

Hell, I'm getting Old, but I have to say those years from the mid 60's to the end of the 80's were great years to visit Reno. What a wild wonderful Town.

Who screwed it up?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Fri 15, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Brother, can you spare the details? Reply with quote

If you think the members of this board wish to be spared "The ugly details", you are clearly thinking of some other board.

We like dirt, and insist on hearing every filthy detail - so go on! Regale us with tales of past glories, since you've got 'em.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 15, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Full trip report please Reply with quote

Crapsjunkie, as Stan has indicated we need details. Please file a full trip report. It would be too cool the read a trip report from the early sixties. Right now I think I have the earliest trip report (from 1985). You could have me beat by 20 or more years. Given the subject matter involved, pictures would be appreciated.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Apr Sun 17, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, details are in demand on this board and particularly when you dangle such juicy bits out to us. Post right away, even if you're "not a writer"...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: