Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atlantis offered me two free nights in May....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Wed 11, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Atlantis offered me two free nights in May.... Reply with quote

I haven't so much as received even one mailer from Atlantis since first visiting there last summer but this morning an email appeared in my inbox offering TWO free nights in May - midweek, but hey, they're free... it doesn't appear to be tied to my players account at all. Anyone want the code?

And ol' Circus Circus sent me an offer for $50/night weekend rooms - meh.

Too bad I can't get away this month... <sigh>
JD

PostPosted: May Wed 11, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: ATLANTIS Reply with quote

Knowing the habits of the slot clubs, the cynical side of me wonders if they waited until your points expired before they sent the invite. Note: I went into Harrah's last night and my points were gone. At the "TOTAL REWARDS" desk they told me points are now purged at 6 months.

I do know your "free nights" will still cost at least $ 10/night "resort fee" and they still want your credit card because they don't trust you.

Funny story: A few years ago when responding to a "free room" offer at the Peppermill....I was unsure of of our arrival time due to possible bad weather.

P Mill: "What time will you be arriving?"

Me: "Not sure, there's snow in the passes"

P. Mill : "We'll hold the room until 8:00 unless you give me a credit card"

Me: "Let me get this straight...IF I get there BEFORE 8, the room is free for two nights, but if we get there AFTER 8, You intend on charging my credit card full rate?"

P Mill: "Well, YES"
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Wed 11, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have had that many points anyway with Atlantis.... my last time through there in December, I played less than $50 coin-in.

I'm over the PM experience. They gave us two or three free nights last summer and we played like we usually do at Harrah's and managed to only get one buffet comp for the whole stay.... it was a groovy place though with hip black zebra carpet and "running lights" in the room. Same play at Harrah's gets us comped rooms at most all of their properties and buffet comps left and right, plus reward credits for more comps.

But yeah, that Harrah's purge is a bit aggravating, though if you get their branded Visa credit card through Bank of America and just make one charge on it every couple of months, your credits won't expire. The Dog and I got it last week, though we will be at Harrah's Lake Tahoe two days before our points are scheduled to expire.
Obijuankenobe

PostPosted: May Fri 13, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few Atlantis offers for free nights on the table-----now if they would just let me have 10 minutes in thier vault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: