Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BC Dave hits Vegas!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 30, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: BC Dave hits Vegas! Reply with quote

It was a quick trip. Down on Tuesday, May 24th and home again on Friday the 27th.

I joined 13 others from BC Ferries. (An all guys trip.) My Captain and I had just retired a few days before. We all stayed downtown - most of us at the Golden Nugget.

I flew down directly from Vancouver via Westjet and arrived around 10 P.M. on Tuesday night. I pretty much stayed inside the Golden Nugget that night. The Video poker pay tables were poor but I played some anyway. Had a few drinks while the V.P. slowly took my money away. Pharaoh's fortune gave it all back. Good enough for me, I went to bed.

Next day I had a sore head. Met the guys for breakfast at the G.N.'s buffet. Pretty good. I took a bus down to the center of the strip to see how much things have changed since I was last in town. (10 years or so.)

I was amazed and overwhelmed at how much expansion had taken place. My headache was not getting better.

After pounding the hot pavement for a few hours I headed back downtown. A little gambling at the 4 Queens fixed me right up when this draw proved profitable.

All right more of their money to play with!

Fremont at night is a wonder to behold. Looks like Reno did in 1985.
(Except for the roof!) And the crowds, even a weeknight, are amazing.

My Captain and I tried the Fremont Street "Zip Line". I tried to get a movie of the brief "flight" but my harness got in the way. Here's the view from the top end.

It's all over in a flash.

All in all, The Golden Nugget is quite a nice hotel and the room was clean and quiet. But I'd rather be at the Peppermill. Out by their pool...

At the Airport I played some Pharaoh's fortune and a bit of Video Poker. I hit $160 on a bonus version of Deuces Wild.

OK, OK ... I know I should have played all five coins. But who expects to win at the Airport?

On the way home I looked for Reno from my window seat. But, alas I was on the wrong side of the plane.

Looking forward to my next Reno trip and a return to normalcy.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Tue 31, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: No way Reply with quote

Good to hear you had fun, even though you weren't in Reno. Nice hits on the VP, too, and thanks for the great photos.

The zip lines look kinda puny. I can't wait until Reno has one that goes from the Silver Legacy to the Atlantis.

Now that you're retired and have Vegas out of your blood, I'll look for you in Reno soon and often.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Tue 31, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Good idea! Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. Don't get my first pension check till the end of June. Then I'll know whether we can live off it or not.
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Tue 31, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"OK, OK ... I know I should have played all five coins. But who expects to win at the Airport? "

I said the same thing when I hit my first ever Royal Flush on a Jacks or Better $0.25 machine at McCarran, waiting for my flight to Reno last month. I had been beaten down in Vegas, and was just killing time. If I were only playing more than two credits....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: