Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A "Lily" style contest...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Thu 27, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: A "Lily" style contest... Reply with quote

This one is probably too easy. But anyway, .... The first person to identify the Reno business to which this mural belongs and it's approximate location wins my black "The Mansion" tee shirt from the Silver Legacy.
(See below).

The tee shirt is in new condition because it's too small for me. It's a medium but may actually be closer to a small.

Last edited by BC Dave on Jun Fri 28, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjames1229

PostPosted: Jun Thu 27, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cheated and used the internet. But I figured it out.

Give the shirt to John so he can pay off his website graphic designer.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Thu 27, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Maybe Reply with quote

It could default to John. MJames, I'm sure you got it right but I'll leave it open for awhile to see if anyone wants to "Name that Wall".
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Fri 28, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Self disqualification Reply with quote

I have to disqualify myself from this contest because I'm a local. And because I've never seen that mural. But, ooooh, that t-shirt, pretty.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Fri 28, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Undisqualified! Reply with quote

John, since you haven't seen it (or make such claims purporting to the above), you are officially undisqualified.

And - drum roll please - it's time for our first hint, "It's on Virginia St."
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jun Fri 28, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Friday Follies... Reply with quote

Dang, and I've spent time on Virginia Street, no doubt about it! But I couldn't identify that lineup...when one is in a bout of revelry along the good street Virginia, imagery tends to whirl around in a blur...if I ever saw that mural, I probably just thought it was a group of people sitting at a table in the corner, having a few pints, and didn't even realize I was outdoors.

I'll disqualify myself, just 'cuz I'm not much of a t-shirt guy, and it probably fits John better, anyway.

Thanks for the Friday fun, multi-media BC Dave!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Fri 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Another Clue Reply with quote

I have to admit that saying it's on Virginia St. is a pretty lousy clue. Virginia Street is something like 15 miles long, so I'll narrow it down somewhat. The mural is not downtown. It's south of downtown and north of the Atlantis.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Random guesses... Reply with quote

Weekend done, and still no winner??

Hm, I have driven that section many times, back when we had monthly trainings in the Southern portion of the city...

Is it on a tattoo or smoke shop??

Or how about this for a clue: Is it *facing* Virginia street, or does it face parallel to the street?
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Another Clue Reply with quote

I guess this one's tougher than I thought. It's between the Atlantis and the Peppermill. Use of Google street view or any other such program is totally acceptable. Note; the wall in question is at a right angle to the street.

Stan wrote:
Or how about this for a clue: Is it *facing* Virginia street, or does it face parallel to the street?

I had to think about that one for awhile. (In fact I still am).
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Devil is in the details, as they say, and often, the *parallel* details!

Come on, people, there's not all that much between Peppermill and Atlantis!

I personally would have disallowed use of internet-based satellite imagery, but then again, this contest has been going on for a couple of days!
remano

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to disqualify myself,too, because i live here, but those people look pretty Irish to me.......
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Disqualification orgy Reply with quote

If everybody keeps disqualifying themselves I may have to knock myself over the head (to induce amnesia) and take a shot at it myself.
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOLEY'S Irish Pub! I knew I'd seen that before.

Hold on to that beautimus SL shirt for the next contest, I have plenty!

For the record, I did not use Google street-view mapping but I did use the overhead to think about the businesses in the area.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez...learn something new every day! As many times as I've passed by there, I've never seen that mural. This a great idea, maybe every week someone can post a mystery photo of something Reno-like, and donate a prize?

Seriously though, in my eye, anything from the Mansion is a prize now, because it's a done deal Sad No more t-shirts, no more bottle openers, slot bunjees, pens, or any more freebies for that matter - the new Game Changer thing is only a ploy to up your chances on their existing promos, which are all based solely on tracked play. Farewell, Mansion! And in a couple of weeks, farewell to the Harrah's bowling lane, lingerie models and all. Heartbreaker for sure!

Now, on the other hand, I'm guessing that as a result of this, Treasures of the Eldorado has added more prizes to the lineup, including playing cards and keychains, while keeping intact the ever popular free Brew Brothers ale tickets, Raider tournament entries, room and food discounts. So, the Eldo is now the place to get free loot without spending any money, literally!

Mammothgambler
JD

PostPosted: Jul Mon 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well BOO, HOO, Mammoth Gambler.

If you want a damn T shirt, go put five cents in a Blazing Sevens machine. It'll give you enough for a dozen damn T shirts !!

Show of Hands.... Who feels sorry for Mammoth now that SL isn't giving away free cars??

Just kiddin, Give the T shirt to John for his birthday. Besides, now I don't feel so bad about never seeing that mural.

I don't believe I have ever been to a bar in Reno where I had to BUY my drinks.... well, not directly anyway. But I have had plenty of those $ 125 Bloody Marys.

So how long has it been since you hit a Blazing Sevens, Dude?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: