Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airfare dfw-rno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessaMyron

PostPosted: Aug Thu 01, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Airfare dfw-rno Reply with quote

Greetings!

Hubby and I want to do a weeklong getaway to Reno, flying from DFW in dec. right now, using dec 16-23, least expensive non stop on AA is . $698 per person. I think that's ridiculous and can't imagine the fares will stay in this range. Thoughts? Trying to go to reno instead of vegas but the price diff right now is insane.

We would love a vacation package but anything with AA nonstop is way out of normal expected prices!

Do we expect a fare drop once the AA/US merger is complete or does anyone have any helpful tips?

Thanks. Lauren in tx
VAPA

PostPosted: Aug Thu 01, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and found 4 flights @ $382 Th at about 11:30A where you're getting $700 well you got the quote.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Aug Thu 01, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And $372 on Southwest, leaving from Love Field. I would personally save the $300 per ticket and take the connecting flights.
JD

PostPosted: Aug Thu 01, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Cheap airfair Reply with quote

The sweet spot for airline pricing is about six weeks before travel.
VAPA

PostPosted: Aug Thu 01, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, you want to do it the right way go to AirfareWatchDog.
PrincessaMyron

PostPosted: Aug Thu 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Airfare Watchdog Reply with quote

I think I have this trip in there, but I will double-check. The $700+ airfare was on AA.com, using non-stop as I really don't like to connect.

Thanks for all the help!

lauren
PrincessaMyron

PostPosted: Oct Wed 09, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Finally caught a deal! Reply with quote

As a follow up to my other posts, just thought I would share our deal. AA.com dfw to rno, non stop both ways, $430 for two people...woohoo!

That price made it less expensive than Vegas, so we are coming to Reno in December!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Thu 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reno beats Vegas, once again... Reply with quote

Ask and ye shall receive!

Great job; make sure to write a long and rambling trip report upon your return!
PrincessaMyron

PostPosted: Oct Thu 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Ahh but of course Reply with quote

Certainly! I am the one who regaled you all with the tale of our wonderful bartender at the pep and his untimely demise! Hope this trip is better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: