Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post a random Reno pic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jul Wed 22, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read about this a bit ago. I'm sad
Sad
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 03, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Merle Haggard @ the Pep! Reply with quote

Saw Merle Haggard and his band at the Peppermill in March of 2000. Kind of a make-shift showroom and the band played painfully out of tune for about the first 15 minutes. But, when they finally realized it, the show got much better.

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 03, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: A year 2000 postcard Reply with quote

Another picture (postcard) from the good ole days ...

Last edited by BC Dave on Nov Tue 03, 2020 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 03, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: More 1998 Glory Reply with quote

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sun 03, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Outside the Cal Neva looking north (March 2014) Reply with quote

SeahawkSiren

PostPosted: Jan Mon 04, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View of the Great Reno Balloon Race from my room at Silver Legacy
(September 2017)

Let's take a stroll along the river, shall we...
(September 2017)

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Mon 04, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Nice ones Seahawk! I've never been there for the Balloon races. I'll put that on my Reno bucket list!
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jan Tue 05, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with BC Dave, that balloon one is great!
SeahawkSiren

PostPosted: Jan Tue 05, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The year prior to that (in September 2016) I was actually at the park where the event took place, not just viewing it from the hotel room as I did in 2017. It was AWESOME seeing everything up close! We were at the park very early (before dawn) to see the Glow Shows and Dawn Patrol. Then the Mass Ascension starts happening as the sun is rising.

If you ever get the chance, I recommend this event. Here are some "up close and personal" shots from 2016.

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Tue 05, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks again. Beautiful pictures. That glow show looks gorgeous! A sight for smoke weary, sore, all night gamblers eyes!

I've noticed lately, that some of the pictures I've posted thru Postimages.org aren't quite fitting on the VisitReno pages (have to use the horizontal scroll bars). Do you resize your images before posting or use Postimages resize tools? I always resize them before uploading to PostImage to about 1200 pixels wide.
SeahawkSiren

PostPosted: Jan Tue 05, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC Dave - funny you should mention that. I recall that it was hard for me to go to bed early the night before the balloon show (I was back in the room by 9:00 or 10:00 p.m., ugh! who goes to bed that early in Reno!) but I wanted to try and get some sleep before having to get up at 3:00 a.m. But I thought later I shouldn't have even bothered going to bed and should have just stayed up all night! Ha ha!

I don't intentionally resize my images. I don't know how to do that and am somewhat technologically challenged.

Here is the exact same photo from Postimage but it's two different sizes. I notice when I accidentally hit the photo itself a second time (or hit the zoom button) in Postimage that of course enlarges it and when you hover over the image to copy and paste the image address to post the image here on VisitReno it will literally post that size even though it's the same image (you will also see totally different jpg names because of the size differences). I had that issue when I was initially trying to post some of these photos and couldn't figure out why. But now I know I was zooming into my original photo or accidentally clicking it a second time.

This image below is a totally separate image I just copied from my Shutterflly account into my Postimage account and it won't enlarge to a bigger size in Postimage presumably because it was copied from one hosting site to another.

Anyway, I'm probably not explaining my thoughts very well. And what you are saying about size of pixels is foreign to me.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Tue 05, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: I'm not sure ... Reply with quote

The whole thing with pixels, dots per inch and screen resolution can be complicated. And ... I'm no expert.
I'm going to try some experiments with Postimage and resizing images on my computer to see what works best.
Whatever you have been doing in the past was working out great. I'll post the results of my experiments.

Last edited by BC Dave on Apr Tue 27, 2021 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Kenofool

PostPosted: Jan Wed 06, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube video Reno Balloon Race 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zX9MWJ4CkU[/url][/list]

Last edited by Kenofool on Feb Thu 11, 2021 11:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Mon 11, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject: Motorcycle cops in Reno 1940 Reply with quote

The photo credit for this one goes to Old Reno's facebook page. the capton for this photo reads as follows: Motorcycle officers parade up North Virginia
Street during the Pacific Coast International Association of Law Enforcement Officials convention on August 27, 1940.

I resized the photo to 1100 pixels wide using Paintshop Pro but the Windows standard 'Paint' program can be used as well. When I uploaded it to Postimage I chose the 'Do Not Resize' option.

(This is just what I personally do to get photos on VisitReno. It's not meant as advice to those who are already uploading photos without any problems.)

[/b]
SeahawkSiren

PostPosted: Jan Fri 15, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some Cal Neva photos? These were all taken in March 2018. Had lunch at the Top Deck, then played slots. Love their old, classic slot machines!

Who's up for a jalapeno popper sandwich at the Top Deck? Me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: