Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my bride's birthday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Tue 04, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Alison, 32, what a great age. That was my age year when I first moved west. I was still fathering children then.
Just made me count up: 35 years in the east and 37 in the west: YIPPEE......

Barb, it would be fun to celebrate a birthday in Reno. Lately I seem to be always tied up in OR around my birthday. Maybe next year, though.

In fact, I can't seem to get to Reno anytime lately. Even my wife is begging for a trip to Reno.
But, I told her she was "too old to travel now after this last birthday".
Very Happy Smile Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Razz Cool Laughing Just kidding, folks.
alison

PostPosted: Jul Wed 05, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys no how many times i have people tell me to stay young, not to get old, enjoy my young years??? ALL the time!! What is up with that. I work for a Large HMO and help people all day long and i hear that all the time. I am getting scared to get old!! LOL
kevin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 05, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck alison
The older i get the better i feel, I wish i was a stud at 25 that i am at 43 Twisted Evil Maybe my wife who is 31 has something to do with that Laughing And jerry you should thank me for keeping this post going,
if i remember right i was the one to stir things up again. Twisted Evil
I too am looking for a trip to reno, just got my truck back after 2 months in the body shop, not sure i am ready to make the trip, and errin already said she wont let me take her car. Maybe i will have to show her who the BOSS really is. : Twisted Evil
kevin
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 05, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
Lately I seem to be always tied up in OR around my birthday.

Now that's a birthday present!!
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Wed 05, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: John and Kevin wrote... Reply with quote

"tied up in Oregon"...
At least John was sharp enough to catch the intrigue in this statement. Good going, John.

So, Kevin (and thanks for keeping the thread going) the truck is fixed. Glad to hear that. I know that is important.

But, I don't want to see what you look like after you teach Errin "who is the boss". Twisted Evil
I know what you mean about taking the family car to Reno. But, you earlier said you would not be going to Reno without "the Boss" anymore.
I'll believe it when I see it.
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Fri 07, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: ali's fears Reply with quote

Alison wrote:
"I am getting scared to get old!!"

Alison, all one can do is to enjoy each day you are given to the fullest. If you stay positive, there is always something good to be thankful for and to enjoy.

I am sure that, in your work, you help a lot of older and sick people stay positive and enjoy their "moments". You are commended for spending your life this way.

I have a (younger) lady friend who is convinced that she is dying of an, as yet UNDIAGNOSED, illness. She constantly focusses on this undiagnosed problem and makes herself sicker each day (hastening her death?).
I told her today to focus on the positive and enjoy life regardless of symptoms. Unfortunately she does not comprehend this from me or from doctors who essentially tell her the same thing. It is a waste of a life.
I did NOT tell her that I have more serious DIAGNOSED illnesses but I refuse to let them hold me back. March on, find something good in each day, and revel in it.

As an example, I had a couple of fun, interesting experiences last night while playing in the softball league with youngsters 18 and above.
Not only did I have THREE HITS IN THE FIRST INNING (for the first time in my young life) but I slid safely into second base -- and have the strawberry to prove it.

Keep up the good work, Ali. Enjoy life and don't ever worry about what other people say about you, so long as you please yourself.

Counseling session adjourned. Very Happy
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Sat 08, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: everyone but Kevin is 72 this year. Reply with quote

Jerry wrote: As Groucho Marx once said, "You are only as old as the girl you feel".

Jerry on the 12th, Barb on the 13th, John on the 14th, and now I must confess that I will be 72 on July 15. Anyone have a birthday coming up on July 16? Question

I feel old and would like to feel younger. Where's Groucho when I need his advice. Twisted Evil
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: everyone but Kevin is 72 this year. Reply with quote

hawk wrote:
Jerry on the 12th, Barb on the 13th, John on the 14th, and now I must confess that I will be 72 on July 15. Anyone have a birthday coming up on July 16? Question

Hawk, you're just not going to believe this: Higgins will be 72 on July 16. Coincidence???? I think not!
alison

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not in July, but Aug 2nd i will be 33. Cool

Jerry~ I dont focus on getting old all the time. I just think about it more thanks to all the people tellin gme not to get old. Seein gsick people all day long really does make you appreciate life and make you realize that you need to enjoy it. You never know what can happen. Smile

On a positive note, 16 days till i hit Reno!!!!!!!
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday, Higgins Reply with quote

Alright...Now we have 72nd birthdays to celebrate each day from July 12 through July 16... Anyone else want to admit to approaching this decrepit age. Most of us can barely type with the arthritis in the hands.

John, I can't believe that "Iggins" is going to be 72 on the 16th. He is an amazing bird. He does not look a day over 3 years old. Impressive.

Kevin, from what you said earlier in this thread, you may soon be looking older than all the rest of us. Cool Cool Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Wink Wink Wink Embarassed Embarassed Idea Idea Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
llkraus

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just lurking; however, it's been a LONG time since I felt young, but you guys helped a bunch.

llk

(Just a "kid" at 58!)
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: the youthful larry kraus Reply with quote

Larry wrote:
"it's been a LONG time since I felt young, but you guys helped a bunch."

Welcome back, Larry.

Glad we old-timers can help out you young bucks as we dodder into the sunset.

OTOH, if I was still your age, I would do my "lurking" in other ways, I do believe.

This should bring my brother, John, out of the woodwork with an insightful comment or two.
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: good news and bad news Reply with quote

The bad news for we tottering elders:
At 72, we are 225% as old as Alison.
At 72, we are 124% as old as Larry.

The good news for we senior survivors:
Larry (5Cool and Alison (32) together are 25% older than EACH of us.

Where's Stan?? He should be able to obfuscate a few of these facts.
llkraus

PostPosted: Jul Mon 10, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you guys feel better, my brother is your age. Therefore, I understand the "quirks" of the elderly.

llk
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jul Mon 10, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: From the Prognosticator... Reply with quote

Thanks for the solicitation, Hawk; frankly, I was impressed at the pontificatory powers of our present posting pool, and felt no need to pile on - five pages, with minimal contribution from yours truly!
Plus, math is not my strong point, so I've little to add to this statistical tangent.
Suffice to say that I stand in awe of all our board members' tales of strength and woe, youth and beauty, age and decrepitude, and the phalanx of related anecdotes from our near-holy perambulations in and around our worshiped metropolis of Reno. This brotherhood - and sisterhood, to the exclusion of none - is one whose designs are well-nigh spiritual, and whose sincerity is both heartfelt and heartwarming.

Rock on, ye Reno roustabouts, both young and old; your life-affirming exhortations are kindred fuel for all our souls!

Hope that fits the bill. Ta, y'all.

p.s. - for anyone who's curious, I'm a spry 39.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: