Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-trip report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PEB

PostPosted: Sep Sun 24, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Pre-trip report Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

We have our reservations made for our Fall mini vacation, 24 days and counting til we leave for Reno! For the past 5 years we have celebrated my birthday by going to Reno in Oct. and always have a great time. We'll be in Reno for three fun-filled days and nights, staying at our favorite
place....the Fitz Smile

This year, my hubby wanted to give me another surprise....since we were going to Reno anyway he said he wanted me to play in the slot tourney at the Fitz....woohoo! As soon as the invitation came I called and registered. The tourney will have a Halloween theme and they will be giving prizes for the best costumes (costumes are optional).

I haven't decided yet if I will attempt a costume or not, hubby on the other hand, all he would need is a certain cowboy hat and he could pass for Kenny Rogers.....lol We attended the Halloween slot tourney last Oct. and everyone had a blast, but that time the only ones in costume were the tourney staff members.

As an added special birthday treat (besides the tourney), hubby bumped us up to a mini suite for our entire stay (I love it when he spoils me....lol ). We stayed in a mini suite for the first time last April when we were there and it was very nice. I think hubby likes the mini suite for the in-room frig so he can fill it up with his favorite brew.

I've had a very strong "lucky feeling" for a few weeks now....and can't wait to get there! I love Reno in the Fall, the drive there is beautiful with all of the fall colors, the weather is just right, warm days, cool crisp nights....and it seems to be less crowded on the roads. In the years past, we have been lucky weather wise and any bad weather waited until after we returned home. I'm hoping for the same this time, but am putting the chains in the car just in case and will be bringing our scanner so we can listen to weather and road conditions.

I look forward to our stay, playing my fav slots & keno, seeing our fav bartender (Robert), listening to George sing (main floor bar) and getting lots & lots of "blue 7's" during the tourney! Very Happy I also hope to meet any of the Visit Reno members that may be there the same time we are (Oct. 19 - 22). I'll write a trip report when we get back Smile

Good luck to all !
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Sun 24, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's wishing you the best of luck in gaming, the tourney and travel!
Dave

PostPosted: Sep Tue 26, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that John! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a great trip!
Dave
PEB

PostPosted: Sep Sat 30, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John and Dave!
I can't wait to get on the road Smile

19 days til we're in Reno!
TraceyinCa

PostPosted: Oct Mon 02, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you check in .. try getting an upgrade to a one bedroom suite on the 16th floor... they are much nicer than the mini suite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: