Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jerry-s BIG trip in November

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Sun 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: jerry-s BIG trip in November Reply with quote

We had a fantastic trip.
I am on a borrowed computer in a hotel in Portland. They have a 30 minute limit. I am now going on 90 minutes, so this TR may be in parts over a period of time. And it may not be completed until I am back in Reno. (BCD, can you and BCJ surprise us and make a trip back?)

Great trip, two weeks in comped rooms at five hotels. The changes were not really a problem. All went pretty smoothly. Not a lot of activity this time of year. Rooms readily available.

First stop at Siena. Folks in roooms watched as the Mizpah Hotel burned about two blocks away. Last winter, we watched the floods from the same room windows.
I did very well in the slot tourney. I am now recognizable to some. The Halloween costumes were original (I thought) and quite fantastic (I like that word). I won 3d place for best makeup job and I did not go in costume (Nor did I make myself up). Maybe I should have been offended but, NO, I was on a high.

We were treated as VIPs the entire stay. They brought us carafes of coffee as we used their business office, bumped us up to a new floor we had not been on before, etc.

Towards the end, we were personally invited back in DEC for a blackjack tourney, fully comped. We booked that. Weather permitting, we'll give that a shot.

Next stop was our free stay at the Eldo, courtesy of this board, and the monthly drawing. Went very well, enjoyed all except the show. We both agreed that Darrin Romeo stunk as an act. We left about 2/3 through. It was boring, nothing new. We were sorry to have wasted time on that.
When we got home, they mailed us both Gold cards. Don't know why as we didn't play that much there.

I walked over to the Legacy and won a bit over $100 on a new version of Pharaoh's Fortune. I think it is called Pharaoh's Gold. I lost on it after that at the Pep.

Next stop was Harrah's. Not much to report here. Room was fine. We could look down into the Mizpah and they kept clearing it out and searching for more bodies.

BTW, this Mizpah incident only added to the street construction woes in Reno. It is a nightmare to get around.

Peppermill was nice as usual but I had bad luck gambling there.
We did enjoy the Senior lunch special in Oceano. Highlight there was a beautiful sunset enjoyed from the 6th floor of the parking structure.
I had a free $15 MATCH play on a bet at the Pep. I placed 30 bucks on my alma mater, the Marshall Thundering Herd, but they failed me.

Fitz. Had a decent buffet there for 4 bucks in comps. But I fail to find any machines to play there. One has to watch the Royal Flush payouts there as many don't pay 4,000 coins for a 5 coin bet. Sneaky.
Oh yeah, I got some of myh enormous losses back there when I won the drawing one night for $100. But, that only lasts a few minutes in Reno's tight video poker machines.

Returned to Siena for final three nights. Had the Sunday Brunch both times. It is very good. As we approached the hostess 45 minutes before our resv, she looked up and exclaimed, "Ah, Mr and Mrs. T, they are getting your table ready now". She asked if we would mind waiting in the lounge and she would send over some champagne. Within two minutes, the manager brought us two flutes of champagne (good too) which held us until the table was ready.
Now, I have to get back there and raise my points up to the next level so that I can take friends free.
My wife had a 3 hour spa treatment before we left.

The only negative was that, on the way home, we slid into the plowed snow bank coming down off Dead Horse Pass. 7 hours later, I undressed and found that I was still soaking wet to the skin. We both are now fighting colds.

So, we hope for better weather when we return thru there next week.

A real highlight (as always) was the Tuesday Happy Hour at the Pep. We always enjoy John (even when he doesn't buy all the drinks. Thanks again, John. You are special.)
But, this time, we had a bit of Lagniappe (that's for you, Stan) when BCDave and Janice joined us. Just too short a time with those lovely people from north of the border.
Most of us had the imported beers with our free happy hour food but Janice ordered the
"hyperallergenic magneto enhancer".
Dave, did you manage to get her on the plane OK after she imbibed two of those babies?

OK, I have forgotten a lot but I am an hour and 10 minutes over my time limit. I enjoy chatting with you all. Wish you could have been there.
hawk

PostPosted: Nov Sun 19, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jerry, I enjoyed the TR very much. You know how to enjoy life.
But you failed to relate the story of the fight you tried to start (and without even John's usual encouragement).
But, my lips are sealed. That guy was 30-40 years younger than you and yet you backed him down. That was impressive.
I guess Steroids really work, huh?

If anyone wants to know about this incident (which I refuse to relate) just ask Mark the bartender at the Siena.
Dave

PostPosted: Nov Sun 19, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jerry, Great trip report. As always it is good to hear from you. I am glad to see that the Siena is back in your good graces! That buffet is amazing there. Did they seem very busy? I still wish you would try your luck at Craps! (yes the game with the dice!) Thanks again for the report.
Dave
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 20, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great TR, but Charlie and Higgins are a little upset that you didn't stop by an visit with them. I had to give them an extra helping of almonds to calm them down. See ya in December, i hope.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 20, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: re: Jerry's trip report Reply with quote

Great trip report Jerry. It was fun seeing you again and meeting your lovely bride. I too, was mailed a gold card for the Eldorado and I too, was suprised that they had done that. But what the hey, I guess I'm a bigshot gambler now! Given the extras they included it's conceivable I could be back in town sometime in January.

BC Dave

I haven't forgotten your avatar.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Mon 20, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Bravo! Reply with quote

Thanx for thinking of me, Jerry - let it be known that you officially stumped me. I could distantly remember having heard that word once, but couldn't recall anything more.

Excellent trip report; I luxuriated in it - vicariously, of course.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 21, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: The power of strange drinks Reply with quote

Jerry wrote
Quote:
Most of us had the imported beers with our free happy hour food but Janice ordered the
"hyperallergenic magneto enhancer".
Dave, did you manage to get her on the plane OK after she imbibed two of those babies?

Jerry, is that what Janice had? I thought that was what knocked out John's server. But then, I guess, if you dumped one of those on your keyboard anything could happen.

Janice got on the plane OK and was very calm while the rest of us tightened our seatbelts through the turbulence. "Thats just Higgins flapping his wings", she reassured me.

Ain't Happy Hour Grand?
BC Dave
kevin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 21, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
Do I have to hold your hand and show you the machines that pay off at the fitz, I think I already showed you once. Evil or Very Mad Anyway I am glad you had fun, Errin and I are leaving in the morning for my cuzs in janesville, We will be in reno thurs afternoon for a couple of nights.
Still havent talked her into the slot tourny at the fitz in dec, I think I need to just put my foot down. Twisted Evil . We are staying at the atlantis this time it is closer to the mall.
but it is not free like the fitz.
kevin
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Thu 30, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, when is the Fitz slot tourney?
Is anyone else thinking of coming for that?

I will be in Reno, I think, and would love to meet you.
alison

PostPosted: Dec Wed 06, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Report Jerry!!

Thats a lot of hotel changing. Much better then a Rv i would imagine though.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Maybe one of these trips i will meet you and john at the pep!!!

Ali
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: