Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New low cost jet service comnig to Reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Tue 09, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: New low cost jet service comnig to Reno Reply with quote

Express Jet Airlines is starting service to Reno on Nov. 11th. The cities with non stop direct service include: Ontario, Long Beach, Spokane , and Tucson. This is good news to those living close or in those cities.
remano

PostPosted: Oct Tue 09, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an article about this in this morning's RGJ for more information.
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071009/BIZ04/710090338/1071

I just checked their rates for 11/29 - 12/2 (Th - Sun) since that's between holidays and should be representative of normal fares. From Ontario, CA to Reno the fare was $85 each way plus taxes and airport fees. Southwest from Ontario for the same dates was also $85 for the cheapest rate which was only available for some flights. Express Jet flies direct at 7:00 a.m. or 7:20 p.m. Southwest had many more schedules throughout the day, but no direct flights. The Express Jet planes are small 50 seaters, so if this looks like an option for you don't wait too long. They may be full.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Oct Wed 10, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R and I were thrilled when they opened their market into Spokane, R's family is there, and we travel between Sac, Spokane and Reno every few months. Now we have another option besides Southwest.

We're flying Southwest into Spokane at Christmas, and coming back Express Jet, so we'll see how they are. They seem to compete with Southwest prices, but have more available, at the discounted rate, on some days.

R's brother flew them recently and enjoyed the full service of music, meals and leather seats.
Ryder

PostPosted: Oct Wed 10, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great news for Reno and those that love visiting Reno. I hope it is a success

Still sucks what American did to Reno Air years ago. that was a great little airline
Bob972

PostPosted: Oct Tue 16, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that was Reno Air, until American bought them out. Word from one of my friends was American wanted the planes and did nothing to continue or further service to/for Reno. Anway I hope Express Jet does well. Always nice to see a little competition.
ErininSD

PostPosted: Nov Mon 19, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryder wrote:
Thats great news for Reno and those that love visiting Reno. I hope it is a success

Still sucks what American did to Reno Air years ago. that was a great little airline

I agree, I loved Reno Air and was so pissed that American disontinued their direct Reno/San Diego flights...bastards...LOL
Yo Man

PostPosted: Nov Thu 22, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, count me in on missing Reno Air. We used to fly to Reno on a regular basis with that Airline. Then poooooofffffffff it was gone. Kind of like using your gambling money at Harrah's! LOL!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Thu 22, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reno Air.... I also miss them. They used to have a daily flight from San Jose to Laughlin. It was about an hour flight, and the fares were cheap. Those days are gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: