Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reno St Thomas Aquinas Cathedral Renovation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob972

PostPosted: Jun Mon 16, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reno St Thomas Aquinas Cathedral Renovation Reply with quote

My understanding is that St Thomas Aquinas Cathedral in downtown Reno will be undergoing extensive renovation after this coming weekend, and during that time masses will be said in the Nelson Building. Since I'll be in Reno the last weekend of June, can somebody tell me where the Nelson Building is in relation to the cathedral? Close by?
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 17, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Nelson building Reply with quote

Bob

Thanks for thinking that we idiots might know an answer to a question about Reno (not just Avatars). After a short Google Maps search I came up with this address; 401 W 2nd St. Reno, NV. Type that address into Google Maps and then choose street view. By panning around you'll see that you're quite close to the church.

Now where's your avatar

We are not idiots. Only BC Dave is.*

*Offensive remark corrected by moderator.

Last edited by BC Dave on Jun Wed 18, 2008 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Bob972

PostPosted: Jun Tue 17, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I made note of it. Sounds like it's within the general vicinity of the cathedral as I imagined.
Bob972

PostPosted: Jun Tue 17, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, just now did as you said and sure 'nuf it looks like the Nelson building is just about right next door to the cathedral. lol
Bob972

PostPosted: Jun Tue 17, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know too much about how to create an avatar. I guess I need help along those liens.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Wed 18, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Avatars Reply with quote

Bob;

Glad I could help you find the building.

Most of this Avatar talk is just some of us regulars being a little silly.

However if you want an Avatar you can get one from this site. Just Log in, click on profile to see your own profile. Near the bottom of the page is the Avatar section. Click on Show Gallery and you can pick one from the gallery that pops up.

You can also upload an Avatar from your computer. It has to be 125*125 pixels or less and be in the gif format. The file size has to be less than 49 kilobytes.
hawk

PostPosted: Jun Wed 18, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Avatar Hell Reply with quote

Dave, is there a way to re-size avatars and make them less than 49? Can you "right click" or something to determine avatar size?

I can upload from THIS site OK but don't know how to get the address of some other pic to the profile area. I have used "browse, submit, and reset" all but don't know which/how is correct to do. Mostly it just blanks out my efforts.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jun Wed 18, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Avatarama Reply with quote

C'mon Hawk, admit it - you used your webcam to create the pic that is your current avatar, right?

See, that's what I did for mine, and I love it - get an avatar; it's ever so much fun!
hawk

PostPosted: Jun Wed 18, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: ONE MAN'S AVATAR IS ANOTHER MAN'S NIGHTMARE Reply with quote

I did drink way too much beer last time in Reno.
Truth to tell: I woke up one morning (alone ) in my fabulous Tuscan Suite and found this pic lying on my pillow -well on ONE of my pillows. I was alone.
Now, I ask: did I really look like this at some point during the night?
Is this an actual photo of the Hawkster after a few too many brews?
And, perhaps, the most intriguing question of all:
WHO TOOK THE PHOTO and what was she/he doing in my room?

If the photographer resembled my avatar, that was a WILD night!

Next time I go for JD on the Rocks.
Or maybe Bombaby Sapphire on the Rocks.
Or maybe BOTH...
Bob972

PostPosted: Jun Wed 18, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the info. I've officially got an avatar now.

That's me all right, staring into space.
Bob972

PostPosted: Jun Wed 18, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops my avatar doesn't show. Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac or something.
Bob972

PostPosted: Jul Wed 02, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reno St. Thomas Aquinas Cathedral/Eldorado Buffet Renovation Reply with quote

If anyone's interested...

After just returning from my six day visit to Reno on Monday, I found out that the Nelson Building (where St. Thomas Aquinas Cathedral is currently celebrating mass while the cathedral is being renovated) is across the street from the Cathedral on 2nd St. and just a bit west.

Had a wonderful Reno visit during this past weekend helping to celebrate Eldorado's Blues weekend. I've always been fond of blues artist Tommy Castro and he didn't disappoint. I enjoyed many of his newer songs that I hadn't heard before.

Wed, Thurs, Fri the air was a bit smoky due to the California fires but seemed to clear out quite a bit by the time the Blues Festival started on Saturday.

Gambling-wise it wasn't the best trip but it wasn't the worst either. I spent the first two days staying at the Circus and did pretty well there. Then I spent the last four days at Eldorado and held my own pretty well until the day before I left (Sunday) when I couldn't seem to do anything right. Usually, if I stink at VP I can recoop a little at BJ. But Sunday was just one of those days I just absolutely stunk at both.

BTW, the Eldorado's buffet was suppose to be finished with remodeling in June but it's going to go a couple of weeks into July.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: